Good Day Everyone.
I hope this finds you all well. There have been a lot of changes with Covid-19 so I thought I would bring you up to date with those affecting our community.
- As of Monday April 6th, the park and dock areas are closed to all access. Since the Waterfront Park and Dock are uncontrolled gathering areas, we have been advised to close them until the state and county “Social Distancing and Stay at Home directives” have changed. The entry paths have been roped off and signs posted.
- As of Friday April 3, the 32 counties which comprise Western North Carolina, this includes Transylvania County, have been placed under a BURN BAN, by the state, until further notice.
- Transylvania County has banned, with exceptions, all short-term rentals of hotels, motels, campgrounds and direct rentals such as Airbnb and VRBO for less than 15 days. This directive is in effect until April 30 unless extended.
- Wednesday gatherings have been postponed until further notice. The Memorial Day gathering has been canceled. We are hoping things will be better by July 4th and that we can have that community wide celebration.
- As more owners are bringing their pets and are walking them on the roads we would remind you to please pick up after them or at least flick their deposits into the woods.
- We continue to ask any returning owners to please quarantine themselves for a period of 14 days.
On a routine matter if anyone would like to have a spot on the canoe rack or would like to give up their spot for this season please contact me, at firstname.lastname@example.org, before April 25.
Thank you and stay safe!
John T. McClung
President, ILE (352) 232-3411