Dear ILE Community:
Once again, a big thank you to the Beautification Committee and all those volunteers that helped with the Memorial Day Picnic! I would say that it was the most well attended event that I have been to in our time here! Great food and a great time had by all!
In regards to my long-winded speech about bringing our community together and finding ways to engage, interact and make a difference in our community and the surrounding area, here are our thoughts on developing subcommittees. If you feel so inclined and would like to be a part of the action, we would welcome volunteers in the following manner:
- As a part of the Beautification Committee
- Social Subcommittee – A couple folks that would like to assist with planning events and activities throughout the year to include things like, Corn hole tournaments, Cocktail receptions, canoe/paddle board races and the like. Also support the Beautification Committee on planning and executing the scheduled parties and gatherings such as Memorial Day, 4th of July, Christmas and any other ideas.
- Community Engagement Subcommittee – Someone(s) to help find opportunities to engage with the surrounding community to volunteer and get involved with things like the French Broad River Clean Up, maybe Habitat for Humanity etc.
- As a part of the Finance Committee
- Real Estate Subcommittee – A couple folks that could help with research and guidance on the rare occasion that there are abandoned lots in our community or the like, to evaluate the best options for handling the situations that best benefit and protect our community. Perhaps folks with a background or experience that could be sure that our community stays intact in the best and most cost-effective way possible.
- Canoe Rack Subcommittee – A group to manage and maintain the canoe rack listing and structure along with the surrounding area for launching canoes, etc.
- Other groups
- Communication Subcommittee – Someone(s) to help our secretary with communication to the neighborhood at large to ensure that everyone receives notice of all community happenings.
- Welcome Wagon Subcommittee – A group to ensure that new residents and lot owners feel welcomed and engaged by the community. Provide information and a warm welcome to folks joining us.
As you may or may not know, the Board and Committee members are all strictly volunteers. As such, it can become difficult to accomplish everything that we would like. It is our belief that the time requirements for these subcommittees would be minimal. If you would like to volunteer to assist in this, please let me and your secretary know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your willingness to be involved! I look forward to a terrific summer here at ILE!
Hedgie Bartol – President